The Firm & The Role
Our client is a major commercial law firm and has an excellent reputation in the tax space. This team acts for major corporations (both local and international), ASX-listed companies, financial services companies, all of the major banks, superannuation companies, property developers, real estate and construction companies, mining companies, energy & resource companies.
Due to new clients and new instructions, our client is looking to appoint a tax lawyer at the 4 year plus pae level
Working directly with experienced Partners your role will be varied and challenged. You will work on major corporate transactions, tax due diligences, provide tax advice, manage tax audits, provide advice on stamp duty and GST, provide advice on restructurings. You will be stretched intellectually.
This is a law firm that is constantly evolving.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 4 years pae experience in tax law tax Lawyers/Tax Consultants coming out of the big 4 accounting firms will be looked upon favourably
- First class tax and commercial skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- First rate advising and drafting skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Highly-developed organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Ability to supervise, mentor and develop junior lawyers
- Ability to play an important role in the further growth of the team
- Drive, ambition and enthusiasm for practising law that is results driven
Culture & Benefits
On offer is a market leading salary package. Our client has a superb working culture. The culture is dynamic, forward thinking and progressive.
Progression is based on merit only and strong performance is rewarded.
Other benefits include assistance with post graduate studies, the ability to purchase additional leave, the ability to salary sacrifice, sporting and social activities as well as access to internal and external career development programmes.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT2088
Phone: 0422 671 673
Applications close 29 November 2020.