The Firm & The Role
Our client is a global professional services firm and has an outstanding reputation in the tax space. The firm and the tax team have a truly international client base (as well as a local client base) and act for major corporations, ASX-listed companies, financial services companies, all of the major banks, superannuation companies, property developers, real estate and construction companies, mining companies, energy & resource companies as well as high net worth individuals.
Due to growth strategy for the tax team and also due to new clients and new instructions, our client is looking to appoint a tax lawyer at the senior level
Working directly with an experienced Tax Partner (who is also a lawyer) your role will be varied and challenged. You will work on major corporate transactions, tax due diligences, provide tax advice, manage tax audits, provide advice on stamp duty and GST, provide advice on restructurings. You will be stretched intellectually.
Our client is progressive, innovative and constantly evolving.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 4 years pae experience in the area of taxation law (Tax Lawyers/Tax Consultants coming out of the big 4 accounting firms will be looked upon favourably as well as tax lawyers who are working in a law firm)
- First class technical skills and commercial skills
- Excellent advisory and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Highly-developed organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, but within a team-focused environment
- Excellent client relationship building skills
- First rate interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Ability to play an important role in the further growth of the team
- Drive, ambition and enthusiasm for practising law that is results driven and client focused
Culture & Benefits
On offer is a market leading salary package. Our client has a superb working culture. The culture is dynamic, forward thinking and supportive.
Progression is based on merit only and strong performance is rewarded.
Other benefits include assistance with post graduate studies, the ability to purchase additional leave, the ability to salary sacrifice, sporting and social activities as well as access to internal and external career development programmes.
Our client is proud of it's initiatives regarding inclusion and diversity.
Join a culture that is entrepreneurial and progressive.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB
Ref No: MT20360
Phone: 0422 671 673
Please send your CV in Microsoft Word format. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.