You will be working for a local Government authority located in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. This value-based organisation strives to empowers leaders who enable people to make a difference and has a culture of learning and high performance. Due to a secondment, they are seeking a Team Leader on temporary full-time basis until July 2121 with a possibility to extend. The role will be initially working from home with IT equipment provided.
As the Team Leader of Policy, Learning and Quality, you will report directly to Head of Strategy, Learning and Evaluation.
Your main duties will be to:
- Lead and coordinates the Quality Management System for the Family and Children's Services Department
- Prepare and collate policies, procedures and standard work practices used for the delivery of Council's early childhood education and care, playgroups, and Maternal and Child Health services
- Coordinate and support collection of data and information about the quality of Council's services
- Provide support for Council's Early Years Advisory Committee, including attending bi-monthly evening meetings, prepare agendas and minutes
- Collaborate with the Family and Children's Services Leadership team to develop, coordinate and evaluate strategic professional development for the Department
- Provide leadership and management to their area, ensuring effective development of staff capabilities and the provision of quality conversations and feedback
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in early childhood education and care, social science or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience writing high quality, well-researched, and compliant operational policies and procedures for early years' services
- Experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of development activities, staff training, coaching and mentoring
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or similar would be well regarded
- Management experience working in a licensed children's service
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation and service standards applicable to the delivery of integrated early years services e.g. development and implementation of policies and procedures
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Attractive remuneration package
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to a range of benefits including complementary physio services and wellness programs
Please click on the 'Apply for this job' button or email email@example.com direct.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: SL8095
Phone: (03) 8602 7405