The Firm & The Role
Our client is a well-known commercial law firm. The media and technology team is expanding and due to new clients and new matters, the partner of the team is looking to recruit an experienced corporate/commercial lawyer with experience in IT and telecommunications law as well as experience in privacy, digital privacy and cyber security.
The firm and this team acts for ASX-listed companies, start-ups, SMEs as well as government agencies.
This role will see you:
- Advising privacy, data protection and cyber security
- Advising telecommunication companies regarding regulatory compliance
- M&A transactional for clients in the TMT industries
- E-commerce and off-shore outsourcing
- Licensing & joint venture agreements
- IT transactions
- Assisting clients with regulatory investigations and regulatory enforcements
- Tender and procurement agreements
- Advising on competition and trade practices issues
- General commercial and corporate advice to clients in the IT, telecommunications and media industries
This role will see you having partner access but you will also have autonomy and high levels of client responsibility. You will be working on cutting edge transactions and there is opportunity for you to go on client secondments.
Skills & Experience
- at least 2 years pae in the area of commercial law with a focus on IT, TMT, privacy, trade practices/competition
- drafting, advisory and negotiation skills
- communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to think outside the square
- client management skills
- Ability to work in a committed and high performing team
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Energy, drive and enthusiasm
Benefits & Culture
Our client has a supportive and collaborative culture and is committed to the development of all its lawyers. As this is a small and close knit team, progression can be fast tracked and progression is based on merit and not longevity.
On offer is a competitive salary as well as benefits such as flexible working arrangements, the ability to salary sacrifice and purchase extra annual leave. There is also assistance with post graduate studies, payment of professional memberships.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Marianna Tuccia BA, LLB (SK912353A)
Ref No: MT19987
Phone: 0422 671 673