12 month contract in Federal Government Community Service organisation that are adding value within our community. Pure media communications role handling all outgoing communications.
About the company and role
Federal Government Community Service organisation that are adding value to a select group within our community. This 12-month contract role will add to the team of existing professionals who are all working harmoniously towards the common goal. The community reporting is vast and will challenge your skills in a broad and valued communication production across case studies , research and policy reports
About the role
The position works under direction with the broader Media and Communication section to ensure content for digital platforms meets audience needs. The Web Publisher is expected to have good problem-solving skills and an ability to apply expertise under guidance to achieve the outcomes of the team and objectives .
Reporting to the Manager, Digital and Creative services the key responsibilities include:
- web publishing across websites and intranet, including processing workflow requests and adding, amending or archiving content in line with optimal information architecture and publishing standards
- reviewing and editing content for digital channels to ensure digital content is optimised and engages target audiences and meets web accessibility and style guidelines
- building and maintaining professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor and report on Google Analytics or other relevant metrics
- Expert knowledge of and experience in a variety of online CMS applications, design software, online monitoring and analytics tools.
- Experience coordinating web content
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML/CSS coding and Java script
- Proficient in using Adobe creative suite
- High level verbal and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate and liaise with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated expertise and proven ability to plan, manage and implement web and intranet projects within a PR/communications team.
- Experience and understanding of web design concepts such usability, accessibility, and information architecture.
- Previous experience with GOVCms and Sharepoint would be highly regarded.
- Previous experience with PHP, MySQL or other online programming languages and databases would be highly regarded.
- Thrive in working to tight deadlines and under pressure
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in web production, graphic design, digital media or similar field
- knowledge and skills in digital communications, including web publishing, writing for digital platforms, accessibility requirements as well as an understanding of web technologies and content management systems
- good organisation, time management skills and the ability to prioritise multiple deadlines while being responsive to requests and meeting agreed timeframes for web publishing and digital services
This is a unique media and communications role that offers a 12month contract with strong extension pipeline within a culture that is sought after.
Federal Government conditions apply including superannuation, flexible hours and upskilling opportunities. Don't wait to secure this role!
For a confidential discussion regarding this role or to explore other career opportunities please contact:
Ref No: AD
Phone: (07) 3231 1223
Applications close 7 February 2021. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.